Photo beautifully done by Keri McCarthy Photography, Cumberland, RI

Monday, January 24, 2011

Time Is Marching On!

I realized something this weekend, my baby is quickly growing up! On Friday evening he crawled over to the steps and climbed up the first two! My heart almost stopped in my chest, I couldn't believe it. Then on Saturday morning he pulled himself up to a standing position from his belly, all by himself!! Really? Have we come this far already? I'm not ready for all of this, that's for sure!

Before I know it he is going to be walking and then going off to preschool, then Kindergarten, and sooner than we'd like he'll be graduating high school and heading off to (insert BIG gulp here) college.....times truly flies, especially after the children come along!
I have decided, though, to savor every moment. (Even the moments when he is lying on his back in the middle of the kitchen floor screaming because I won't hold him while I try to quickly mix up his bottle!) To set aside my worries about the future (because today truly does have enough worries of it's own) and live for today. Enjoy all of the today's that I can with the children God has loaned to me and the wonderful husband God has given me while I walk this earth. Time MUST march on, this is the way God intended it, and I am going to march alongside with a big smile on my face....perhaps with tears in my eyes or streaming down my face, but always with a smile!!

No comments:

Post a Comment