Photo beautifully done by Keri McCarthy Photography, Cumberland, RI

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

One of those days.....

Today has been "one of those days". Yuck! It began with a headache and an extended ride to school and back, due to the snow. Add in two fussy, whiny babies and a moody 3 year old and you have a recipe for a grumpy, frustrated, tired mommy.
I dislike days like today because I tend to lose patience much more easily and forget the joy of having children and the privilege of staying home with them. I find that at the end of days like this one I feel icky and a bit guilty, too. I am thankful, though, for a Heavenly Father who wipes the slate clean and lets me begin fresh and new each day. I am thankful, too, for small children who do not care how frazzled their mommy may be today and will wake up tomorrow with the same unconditional love in their eyes and smiles on their faces ready to tackle the wonder and joy that each new day brings. I am convinced more each day that, although I may not always understand it and maybe even doubt it, God totally knows what he is doing in and through my life! Even on days like today....

No comments:

Post a Comment